Hand carved of mountain ash. So many people keep asking if wooden knives I make are sharp enough for cutting. But they are designed for a different purpose, right? They are great for spreading butter, soft cheese, hummus or jam.
Length: 9" (23 cm)
Our wooden cooking utensils can last a lifetime if taken care of properly.
- wash by hand using scrub pad in the grain direction
- don’t dishwash or leave it in water for extended periods of time
- pat dry with a cloth and let air dry
- oil once a month with your favorite oil
- rub with a slice of lemon if any strong flavours have seeped into the wood
Every item is one of a kind. Thoughtfully designed and handmade of precisely selected wood. Hand carved following the shape of each piece of wood. Our products are mainly made of fruitwood such as apple, pear, plum and cherry. We are also always keen to try different timber like mountain ash. Mountain ash is usually pretty pale with brown streaks. It holds a finish well, whether originally oiled it acquires a lovely silky sheen over the years. We use organic flaxseed oil and beeswax for perfect finish.
Shipping: normally it takes 1-3 working days to UK. 5-7 days to Europe. 5-10 days to US. 5-14 days elsewhere.
- Hand carved by Stasys Dambrauskas